The department of Computer Science & Engineering at BNCET Lucknow was formed in the year 2008. It offers Bachelors and Masters Degree programs in Computer Science & Engineering.
It provides an outstanding educational environment complemented by excellence in teaching to empower every student to be industrious, creative and quality oriented IT professionals.
A team of 26 highly qualified & experienced faculty members maintaining high faculty-to-student ratio, the department provides rich Infrastructure with 4 well equipped computer labs all having high speed Internet facility.
The college has signed various MOUs with leading organizations from Industries in India and Abroad. These partnerships support product oriented technology incubation, and provide a platform for the industry to conduct training and internships for students.
Experts and Guest Lecturer from various areas are invited for interaction with the students to fulfill the curricular gaps. The college arranges Industrial Visits for the students to experience the Industry environment and requirements.
In-house technical competitions related to various technologies of computer science and engineering are organized on regular basis.
Most of the CSE department graduates are recruited by many top companies like Wipro, TCS, Infosys, Capegemini, BYJU’s, CEDCOSS etc.
The department strongly focuses on learning fundamentals to develop student’s creativity by encouraging them to take up projects with varying level of complexity. Faculty and students often collaborate on projects, working side by side for other organizations and business purposes.
To produce Computer Science engineers capable of facing new challenges with strong technical capabilities, innovative ideas and morality to meet out IT industry requirements for solving the social needs.
- M1 – To prepare the students with strong fundamental concepts, analytical capabilities, problem solving skills with innovative thoughts to address global challenges by providing effective teaching and learning process.
- M2 – To educate students on emerging technologies for serving industry needs by providing state-of-art equipped labs, qualified and skilled faculties and interaction with industry experts through guest lecturers/seminar/workshops.
- M3 – To develop habit of continuous learning, team work, good communication skills, professional attitude and social awareness among students through various extra-curricular and co-curricular events.
- PE 1 -To expose students to make use of modern skills, tools and techniques of computer science and IT Industry with inherent morality so that they can successfully analyze, design and create innovative solutions for real life problems that are economically and socially viable.
- PE 2 -To develop continuous learning attitude to effectively deal with the new technical challenges and changing career opportunities.
- PE 3 -To prepare students for teamwork skills, effective communication, professional attitude and ability to relate computer engineering issues with social awareness.
- POS 1- Able to explore and use Programming Languages, related frameworks including database designing skills related to current Industry environment.
- POS 2- Design and develop effective, business oriented web applications, Android applications and variety of small bots by applying latest tools and frameworks.
- POS 3 -Learn and apply concepts of IOT to collect real-time data and concepts of Machine Learning to analyze real-life data that helps to create decision-making applications.
Computer Science & Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- PO1 – Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO2 -Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO3 -Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PO4 -Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO5 -Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO6 -The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO7 -Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO8 -Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO9 -Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO10 -Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO11 -Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO12 -Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.