Placement Guidelines / Policy for Students
The Placement Policy has been designed by the B.N. College of Engineering & Technology, is to define the structure & process of the training & placement department.
- To sharpen the managerial and creative talents inherent in our students.
- To establish a long-term relationship with the companies.
- To ensure that all eligible students get on/off/pool campus placement.
- To ensure that the deserving candidates have an opportunity to start their career in the profile of their choice or Pre-Placement (PP) opportunity in the company where they did their Training/Internship.
- To maintain the quality standard of the placement offered.
- To ensure that the team works according to the defined process to achieve a common objective.
- Each student will endeavor to cooperate with the placement cell and to appear for opportunities offered for their placement.
ELIGIBILITY & REGISTRATION:-
- MBA/B.Tech./Diploma final year students seeking employment should register for campus placement with Training & Placement cell (TPC) through their respective departments. Placement registration is for ONE ACADEMIC YEAR ONLY.
- Registration of students will be entertained from August to July only. Campus recruitment is meant for final-year (as well as pass-out students when an opportunity comes through)students of MBA/B.Tech/Diploma.
- Students not registering for campus recruitments will be assumed that they are not interested in placement & will not be allowed to sit in any campus drives throughout the year.Only registered students are allowed to appear in the campus requirement process.
- Students are advised to read the announcement made through notices put on notice boards/WhatsApp Groups/College Websites, go through the company website & job profile, etc.
- The role of the training and placement cell is of a facilitator and counselor for placement-related activities. Training and placement cell does not guarantee a job. The training & placement cell is only responsible for inviting the companies for campus placement drives. Recruitment will be subject to the talents and skills of students with their ability to qualify interview process.
- The training & placement cell doesn’t promise any particular job locations for students selected through campus; it depends upon the recruiters’ requirements and their project sites. Job location may be PAN INDIA or abroad also.
- The training & placement officer can’t compel the recruiter to select any particular student or any desired number of students in campus placement drives. Recruitment is dependent upon the capabilities of students.
- The training and Placement cell will try to convince the companies to open as many branches as possible to provide the opportunity to the maximum number of students and further no objection from any branch/department will be entertained in this regard.
- Registered students having backlogs are advised to update their data periodically in the training & placement Cell.
- Students must clarify queries/doubts, if any, related to the package, Job profile, place of work (Location), service bond details, etc., with the HR representatives of the company during the Pre-Placement talk (PPT) only. Thereafter, the training & placement cell is not responsible for any conflicts that occur between companies and students in this regard.
- All Correspondence to and from the companies will be routed through the Training & Placement Cell only.
- It is the responsibility of the students to check announcements /Notices/Updated information/Shortlisted names etc., displayed on the notice boards of the placement office/department notice boards/Email /WhatsApp Groups/website/social media.Students are expected to be on time as per the announcement/notification.
- Failure to read the notice board/WhatsApp messages/email/websites will not be accepted as an excuse for not participating in any event.
- Students not meeting the eligibility criteria mandatorily asked by the company would not be allowed to sit for the recruitment process.
- A Student who appears and gets shortlisted is bound to go through the entire selection process unless rejected midway by the company. Any Student who withdraws deliberately during a selection process will be disallowed from placement for the rest of the academic year.
- Students are advised to be dressed in proper college uniform for every recruitment drive.
- Students should carry a folder comprising of :
- Multiple copies of resume
- Passport-size colored photographs
- Photocopy of all certificates (10th,12th, Graduation Mark sheets and Certificates etc)
- College ID Card
- ID & Address Proof (viz – Driving License, Passport, Pan card, Aadhar Card, Voter ID, etc.)
- Late coming during the placement process shall not be tolerated.
- Students should maintain discipline and show ethical & decent behavior in every action they make during the placement process. Any student found violating the protocol set by the company or defaming the Institute’s name would be debarred from the placements for the rest of the academic year and it could lead to strict disciplinary action by the management.
- Students found cheating or misbehaving in the selection process (PPT/Test/online/offline/GD/Interview) will be disqualified from the placements for the rest of the academic year.
- Direct Interaction with the company is strictly not allowed & any student is found writing an email or making a phone call directly to HR, he/she will be debarred from further placement activities.
- Students must be properly dressed in college uniform whenever they participate in any placement activities.The office reserves the right to refuse permission to a student to attend the same if their uniform is unsatisfactory.
- Students must bring their identity cards with them whenever they go through a placement process on campus or off campus.
- Each student is eligible for only one job offer.
- If a student receives more than one offer owing to delay in the announcements of results by the companies, the student is bound to accept the job offer whose results are declared earlier.
- If the results are declared on the same day, the student may choose from the offers in hand and inform the placement office of his choice within 48 hrs of the announcement of the results.
- Students from streams like Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, EC E & Biotech will be allowed to appear in the campus drive of core companies even if they have offers from software/IT companies.
- If a Student has been selected by a company, the concerned student will not be allowed to appear in any other campus interview. However, placed students may be considered to sit for other campus drives on a visit of companies offering higher packages (Approximately double packages) or a core stream company.
- Offers letters received from companies must be collected from T & P Department/Company as per the timings in the notice. The responsibility of going through the offer letter and taking further actions such as signing and accepting, and sending it back to the company lies entirely on the student. In Case offers are received directly by the student from the company, a copy of the same must be submitted to the placement office.
Training & Workshop:
- Pre Final year/Final year students should participate in workshops/Training programs organized by training and placement cell compulsorily. It is the responsibility of the student to check announcements/notices/updated information on the notice boards/WhatsApp group/college website.
- In case, a student decides not to join where he got selected, he should inform the company in writing with reasons at the earliest and also be required to submit a copy of that letter/mail to the placement office.
GROUNDS ON WHICH students could be DEBARRED from PLACEMENT:-
- A student may be debarred from the placement if he/She is found involved in any In-disciplinary activity or engaged in fraudulent practices.
- Any Eligible student consecutively not participating in two (02) recruitment drives without prior information to T & P officer.
- The details of the resume have to be genuine &authentic. If any student found violating this rule will be debarred from the placements for the rest of the academic year.
- Student cannot drop out from the selection process once he/she has been shortlisted.